In submitting an article with а title ……………………………………………………………. to journal “Balgarski ezik issued by the Institute for Bulgarian Language “Prof. Lyubomir Andreychin” – Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Publicher) I certify that:
1) I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2) I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to FUP are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
3) I, and all co-authors hereby grant a Creative Commons copyright license in the article to he general public, in particular a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Inter-national License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is Further specified at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ legalcode (human readable summary at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0).
4) I, and all co-authors agree to require that a citation to the original publication of the article in the journal as well as a hyperlink to the BALGARSKI EZIK web site linking to the original paper be included in any attribution statement satisfying the attribution requirement of the Creative Commons license of paragraph 2.
5) The author retain ownership of all rights under copyright in all versions of the article, and all rights not expressly granted in this agreement.
6) To the extent that any edits made by the publisher to make the article suitable for publication in the Yearbook amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the author. The publisher agrees to verify with the author any such edits that are substantive.
Correspondind Author: Signed:
Instructions for authors
Balgarski ezik (Bulgarian Language Journal) invites submissions of unpublished articles, scientific communications and reviews of scholarly books, as well as materials on language competence. The articles should be written in Bulgarian in a style that is clear and understandable to the specialised scientific audience. Submissions are to be deposited at the editorial office both in electronic form and as a printed copy or sent to email@example.com, in Microsoft Word format and as a pdf file.
No fee is required from authors for publishing their articles.
The submissions will be subject to a double-blind review. The final approval for publication is made by the Editorial board based on the reviewers’ conclusions. After the article is accepted for publication the author fills in a Publication Agreement
The maximum length of the contributions is 20 standard pages (1,800 characters per page) for full papers, 10 pages – for communications, 8 pages – for book reviews (reviews are solicited for books published in the last 3 years), 5 pages – for articles on language competence. The texts should be provided in a Microsoft Word format (files with any of the following extensions: *.doc, *.docx, *.rtf) and should be typed in Times New Roman.Tha layout of the manuscripts should include the following:
- Title of the article, name and surname, affiliation and email of the author – both in Bulgarian and English
- Summary and keywords in Bulgarian and English. The summary should not exceed 250 words and should give a brief outline of the entire study, not just of the conclusions.
- Main text
- Works cited
- Scientific title and degree, name and surname, affiliation and business address of the author
- A short biographical reference for the author which should include affiliation, information about the author’s professional career, research interests and up to three major publications.
The source of funding and acknowledgments are indicated after the main text.
In-text citations should conform to the following standard: (Андрейчин/Andreychin 1977); (Conev 1908); (Searle 1979). If a specific text is quoted, the page should also be added: (Андрейчин/Andreychin 1977: 23); (Conev 1908: 49); (Searle 1979: 45).
Bibliographical references should be placed under the heading ЛИТЕРАТУРА (WORKS CITED). The titles and authors of the referenced publications should be given in the language in which they are quoted. The works cited in a Cyrillic-script language should be given in the Cyrillic original and transliterated into the Latin alphabet in compliance with the following format:
FOR BOOKS: Андрейчин 1977: Андрейчин, Л. Из историята на нашето езиково строителство. София, Народна просвета. [Andreychin 1977: Andreychin, L. Iz istoriyata na nasheto ezikovo stroitelstvo. Sofia, Narodna prosveta.]
For books by multiple authors: Бояджиев 1998: Бояджиев, Т., И. Куцаров, Й. Пенчев. Съвременен български език. София, „Петър Берон“. [Boyadzhiev 1998: Boyadzhiev, T., I. Kutsarov, Y. Penchev. Savremenen balgarski ezik. Sofia, „Petar Beron“.]
FOR JOURNAL ARTICLES: Андрейчин 1951: Андрейчин, Л. Основни проблеми на съвременния български правопис. – Български език, I, № 1–2. [Andreychin 1951: Andreychin, L. Osnovni problemi na savremenniya balgarski pravopis. – Balgarski ezik, I, № 1–2.]
Смирницкий 1956: Смирницкий, И. А. Аналитические формы. – Вопросы языкознания, № 2, с. 41–52.) [Smirnitskii 1956: Smirnitskii, I. A. Analiticheskie formy. – Voprosy iazykoznaniia, № 2, s. 41–52.)]
FOR PUBLICATIONS IN A COLLECTION OF PAPERS PUBLISHED IN A CYRILLIC-SCRIPT LANGUAGE: Андрейчин 1982: Андрейчин, Л. Стефан Младенов. – В: Строители и ревнители на родния език. София, Наука и изкуство. [Andreychin 1982: Andreychin, L. Stefan Mladenov. – In: Stroiteli i revniteli na rodniya ezik. Sofia, Nauka i izkustvo.]
FOR PUBLICATIONS IN A COLLECTION OF PAPERS PUBLISHED IN A LATIN-SCRIPT LANGUAGE: Conev 1908: Conev, B. Westbulgarische Dialekte in Ostbulgarien. – In: Jagić-Festschrift. Zbornik u slavu Vatroslava Jagica. Berlin.
Searle 1979: Searle, J. R. Expression and meaning: Studies in the theory of speech acts. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
If using more than one reference by the same author(s) published in the same year, subsequent letters should be added to the year, e.g. Андрейчин 1974a; Андрейчин 1974b.
The works cited in Cyrillic are placed first in alphabetical order, followed by the references in Latin-script languages, also listed in alphabetical order.
Charts, tables and other graphic representations should be numbered and captioned and should also be provided in separate files of high quality, print-grade form.
If special fonts are used, they should also be sent as separate files. Old Church Slavonic text excerpts should be written in CyrillicaBulgarian or CyrillicaBulgarian10U.
The printed version of the journal is distributed by subscription. Annual subscription rate for “Balgarski ezik” is 60 lv /35 Euro. (4 issues per year and 1 Supplement).